This post is also available in: Español (Spanish)
How to open flash or SWF files with Chrome in Ubuntu?
Steps to open SWF files with Chrome in Ubuntu?
We’re going to explain how to open a flash file with Chrome in Linux (Ubuntu):
- Ubuntu opens
- Already opened with permission Super user opens the browser
- The file is saved
- Edit the following file as root: /usr/share/mime/packages/freedesktop.org.xml
- Locate the following line: <mime-type type=”application/vnd.adobe.flash.movie”>
- The previous line is replaced by the following: <mime-type type=”application/x-shockwave-flash”>
- To apply the changes run the following: sudo update-mime-database /usr/share/mime
- Open browsers are closed and should be dragged back to the browser and opened without problems.
- Ready to open your file